ICEA, the Institute for Ethical and Environmental Certification (ICEA), together with a group of manufacturers, aimed at producing organic and environmental friendly beauty products, draw up the following Standards, in order to allow the producers interested in this kind of activity to get more information regarding the organic certification and the way to obtain the products label according to the words: “Eco Bio Cosmetics ICEA”, and the proper logo as reported in Regulation. PDF FOLDER
Certification and Control procedures will be carried out by an external independent certification body which by means of its technicians , will check the compliance with the standards. These Standards should be regarded as a mere guideline which is suitable to changes and modifications. In particular, Annex 1 was elaborated according to the European Inventory of cosmetics raw material enclosed in the Decision of the European Commission of February, 9th 2006 (2006/257/EC). Changes to this official inventory lead to subsequent modifications to this Standard. Raw materials not included in the official European inventory will be evaluated by the Technical Commission of the certification body.
In body care/treatments: the use of environmental friendly beauty products which take care of the consumers’ health. Moreover they should be able to satisfy every particular need through a precise and clear definition of organic, environmental friendly beauty products. The Definition of the basic requirements for the products "Eco-BioCosmetics”, which are listed in order to give the mark reported in Chapter 2, paragraph V.
- The use of raw materials of organic farming origin or deriving from spontaneous gathering
- The use of beauty products which do not pollute the environment ( dangerous substances
contained both in product and packaging).
- The use of beauty products which do not contain raw materials of non plant origin and could be
dangerous i.e. allergic or irritant substances or anyway harmful for the human health.
- The reduction of the environmental pollution caused by unnecessary packaging (mono
packaging) which are not recyclable ( it is advisable to use recycling packaging, recycling material
or linked to a returnable/recycling waste)
- The production is made following the latest environmental friendly methods
- Cut down of the environmental pollution starting from production
- The use of really natural beauty products, giving the consumers the possibility to recognise
immediately the really natural ones.
- The creation of a data bank which is used to find the organic raw materials or spontaneous ones
at national level.